Thursday, November 14, 2013

Work!

I recently asked a question on my work's whiteboard. "What are you thankful for?"

I'll be honest. It was suggested to me - but after hearing it, I had to know. Not only because I'm seriously digging for things to be thankful for (it's not even halfway through the month yet!) -- but because I was curious. The responses so far are wonderful. Maybe I'll go snag a few for later this month..

Anyways. Today, I am thankful for my work. Not just my job, not my company -- the work we do together, in my clinic. My role is small - just the front desk - but every so often I am able to understand the impact I have on patient's lives. My team is amazing - a number of strong individual women (and one gentleman) working together to better our patient's lives. We've got this stellar clinic manager -- I'm not going to name her, because then she might be poached by another clinic, and that's just a big NO. I'm constantly floored by these ladies!

I was just feeling incredibly thankful for my coworkers, and my manager. I couldn't get through the day without all of your shining faces.

I'm at Augsburg College, going for my Bachelor's in Psychology. I want to use this to help people. People like me. Heartbroken, anxiety-ridden, normal, abnormal - I just want to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment