Thursday, November 21, 2013

Turn it around

Okay.

Okay.

So it's been six months since Henry died. I'm struggling. I'm keeping my happy face on and staying busy, but I'm writhing. My bones feel like they're curling up on themselves, my stomach has dropped, and my eyes are constantly filled. It's rough. I'm not thinking - I'm refusing to actually think - but it doesn't change my physical reactions.

I just want one thing from all of you today. Just one thing.

Could you please go out and do a random act of kindness?

No, seriously.

Go out of your way for someone today. The weather is grey, people are a little down in general, and I really want to see kindness propagated.

Please? Just one kind thing. Pay for the person behind you in the drive thru. Open the door for someone. Give to a charity. Smile at a stranger.

Henry's not here to make our world better. Let's make it better in his stead.

No comments:

Post a Comment