Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 7

Today I'm grateful for my husband.

We've been together for (nearly) a decade. We'll fight over the official beginning -- I say it was a Valentine's Day party, he says it was a movie later in the month -- but I like to stick with the more romantic Valentine's Day date.

Ten years -- well, almost. I met Jason at Perkins one night, late January, when that was the thing to do for young adults not quite 21.  He was getting off of a late shift at work, I was just gearing up - we all smoked and partied in the back room. We literally played with fire, laughed, screamed, and enjoyed ourselves.

In retrospect, it's not surprising that I would meet my soul mate there. It was fun - and we were both drawn in.

We've been through everything. Death, life, pain. We're lucky, because we've shared more laughter than tears. We just passed our three year wedding anniversary - and it's been an amazing three years.

I'm stronger with him, and because of him. He is my anchor. We both give as much as possible. We find joy in our daughter - and in memories of our son.

I never want to stop loving you, Jason. Look at everything we've done. I can't imagine any limits to what we can do together.



No comments:

Post a Comment