Sunday, November 3, 2013

Getting to normal

I thankful for some therapeutic time with my mom and grandma.

We got together last night, and by the end of the evening it was just us. Things were said that I needed to know, and needed to hear.. it was just healing.

My sister was a miracle baby - she was born four months early. In 1975, it was a death sentence. My mom and I were able to bond over this - she understands how I feel. She said she refused to let my sister go - that she fought tooth and nail for her.

It worked for her. I wish that simply fighting would have fixed Henry. I would have taken on the world. If it would have helped, there would be nothing left but smoking ruins. But you can't just fix it - it's insurmountable. It's also my weakness - letting go and letting things be as they are.

The rest of the evening was reflecting on how amazing my sister is - love you, Jen! I'll save that thankful post for later. There's a lot to be thankful for this year!

1 comment: