Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Charity

Today, I'm thankful for the charity of others.

The reason we have so many beautiful and precious photos of Henry is due to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep -- an organization which provides photographers and images to families facing loss. You basically have a photographer on call, ready to go whenever baby is ready.

Our photographer was Megan. She was amazing. I hardly even knew she was there -- and yet, our photos are perfect. These photos are all I have to remember my son's fourteen hours. And I'm thankful for them, every single day. Even when they're hard to look at.

Another organization I'm thankful for is Faith's Lodge. It's a retreat for parents/families who are coping with serious illness or loss of a child. It's a beautiful haven, and just being there was healing.

If you're looking to participate in Give To The Max Day, I'd suggest these two organizations. I really don't know how we could have handled everything without people like Megan and Ev (Faith's Lodge) stepping in to provide some comfort and relief.

https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

http://www.faithslodge.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment