Friday, November 8, 2013

Awe

Today I am thankful for the ability to be awed at the world.

I'm so glad that my breath can still be stolen by individual moments. I'm relieved, actually, that I still have the capacity. I'm finding myself standing, slackjawed and amazed, at little things - just how I used to be, before Henry died.

Today, I couldn't help but steal glances out of my mirrors at a gorgeous sunrise. These happen so often, but each one has a sense of magic.

Today's sunrise -

Sunrise from earlier this week - 


It makes me yearn for a life of beauty. I just want to live somewhere beautiful, with my beautiful family, away from ugliness of human action. There may be some who think I'm talking about the unattractive - I am not. I don't think people are physically unattractive. Here's my Sesame Street moment -- it's what is inside that counts. 

I want to buy a nice D-SLR camera, move my family to a quiet, beautiful location (in Minnesota, I've become attached again!) and just take pictures of everything that makes my heart happy. Why can't we just do that?! What's stopping me?

Well, money. And I'd want to stick close to work, because I really do love where I work - and my family is here. And our daycare lady is phenomenal. 

So I guess I need to find something affordable, beautiful, serene, and in Maple Grove range. Yeah. I'm not quite sure if this is one of my attainable dreams! 

No comments:

Post a Comment