Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday

Today, I am thankful for three things - and it's not even noon!

First, for the "extra" hour of sleep that Daylight Savings tried to give me. Sorry that Amelia did not comply!

Second, for good friends. The type that you can go years without seeing - but nothing has changed when you do get together. Had brunch with two fantastic ladies this morning - can't lie, great time!

Thirdly, I am thankful for the ability to be awed. I've lived here for over 28 years (duuuuuurh, my whole life!) and every year I'm floored by the beauty of fall. I'm inspired to tears by a single tree blazing red in a group of evergreens. My breath catches when leaves scatter and dapple the sunlight -  green, gold, and vibrant red.

Stay classy, Minneapolis. You are a jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment