Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Donation

I seriously consider organ donation as the only way to go for our particular situation.

If we didn't have the option to give other people life, I'm not sure that I could mentally make it through this journey.

Just think - our Henry, when he passes, will live on in so many other people. He'll be the reason your nephew gets to go to kindergarten. He'll be the reason your coworker's daughter can take dance lessons.

I don't know who will benefit, but I know that we'll have the power to change lives for the better. I think that's what keeping me from suicide a crippling depression.

People keep on telling me I'm so strong. How is this strong? This isn't anything I ever wanted to be tested in. I think people think it's my strength, because it's a situation you can't even begin to imagine. I'm not trying to be dramatic here - there are aspects of Henry's holoprosencephaly that I never even considered before. I think anyone could get through this if they had enough support. There's a light at the end of the tunnel -- even if the end means burying your only son.

No comments:

Post a Comment