Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October

Grief is a journey. It never entirely falls away. Even though it's a part of my life now, it's not at the forefront of everything all of the time.

The days when I don't feel sad, I worry that it's because I'm damaged. I worry that it's wrong. I know I'm not supposed to be ripping at my chest and throwing myself into pyres, but, is it entirely normal?

I'm trying to refocus on being happy. Well, honestly, with school back in session - I'm just trying to get through the day. I find myself racing through the hours, but unable to actually experience time passing. I have to fit in studying and homework on top of 8+ hour days and potty training my daughter. I'm so burnt out, it's not even funny.

This weekend, my husband and I are going to Faith's Lodge. I'm looking forward to some time away - just the two of us. And a few other couples - grieving parents as well. It's going to be healing, I hope. Faith's Lodge is an escape and a place of healing for parents and families affected by child loss, or terminal illness.

I'm at Augsburg now, pursuing my Psychology degree. It's one path that Henry put me on with his short life. There's really only a handful of psychologists/counselors that work with women/couples/families facing reproductive issues. I want to help people facing infertility, adoption, child loss, and terminal illnesses. I want to facilitate healing, I want to help people find the peace that my therapist has helped me find. I'm doing this to help myself heal, the help others navigate their own courses, and to honor my son.

I'm actually in a contest for tuition funds. I'd really appreciate it if people could spread the word - even becoming a finalist would reaffirm my educational goals.

So, please! Vote here - once per user! http://www.drpeppertuition.com/profile/670665502

No comments:

Post a Comment