Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15

Today is Pregnancy, Infant, Toddler, and Child Loss Day.

I've been lost for words all morning. There's only tears. It's not a day I've ever wanted to be aware of before. But, still, I'm thankful for it. Today, we can say our babies names.

Every loss is significant. Every loss is the destruction of a dream. Whether your child took a breath, or even made it through the first trimester. That is your baby. We were so lucky that Henry fought for his fourteen hours; but it will never be enough.

This isn't how it is supposed to be. As a friend said, it's you - apart from me - indefinitely. It's not right. Not supposed to be like this.

My Henry. My heart hurts every day - but it's like an anniversary. It's just harder to control.

"I didn't bury my son. I planted him - and he grows."

2 comments:

  1. I read a good book on grief...maybe it can help.
    Don't Take My Grief Away From Me by Doug Manning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! I'm glad to see you are writing your blog again! I think about you regularly. I pray for peace and comfort for you. Kelly

    ReplyDelete