Saturday, May 25, 2013

Replenishing Supplies

We're home now. 

Everyone was right when they said it'd be harder once we left the hospital. I've been on the edge of tears for the last three hours. 

I'm not mad that he's gone. I'm not mad at god, myself, anyone. I just miss him so acutely. 

I'm at the grocery store now. Had to get my medications filled, and restock the fridge. I made it through the bakery department before people made me go sit down. Yeah, I know, I'm about two hours pass my pain meds. It's killing me - but won't make the pharmacy able to fill it any faster!

I left Jason to shop with Amelia. I was also tired of all the condolences. Yes, from a heartfelt place, but I just can't do it right now. Maybe when I'm medicated and the pain isn't so bad, maybe then I'll be better. 

But, really. Most insensitive comment today - right after one person says that they're sorry for our loss, the one to their right starts commenting on how Amelia needs a playmate. 

I almost lost it. She is a big sister, and she loves her little brother. 

Just sitting in the pharmacy, waiting for my husband and my drugs. Feels like a weird country-rap mash up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment