Friday, April 5, 2013

Talk it out & 3D Imaging

I feel like I'm finally able to move forward, and not be afraid.

I met with a physician who has had a very similar situation. Her daughter was diagnosed with HPE, like Henry. I feel like Henry's a bit of a rarity, having both the HPE & DWS (Holoprosencephaly & Dandy Walker Syndrome) -- at least, that's what the medical journals are conveying.

I got to consult with her earlier this week. A lot of tears, but a lot of hope. I'm going to have my son for at least a little while. I'm going to make sure we enjoy every moment together, and I'm going to be the best mommy to him that time will allow.

I was so afraid of taking him home, of being forced to turn our home into a hospice environment. After talking to Dr. Keller, I feel so much relief. It's going to be okay, really. It's going to hurt like hell, and we're going to mourn for the rest of our lives, but we'll be okay. We'll adjust to a new normal eventually.

I'm so blessed to have the resources that are available to me.

After meeting with the doctor, I came back to my 'home' clinic. We were giving a Girl Scout troupe a tour -- and I was the guinea pig for ultrasound. It was a wonderful experience - the girls asked so many adorable questions! And then, my tech started showing the girls my son with the 3D.

He's so beautiful. I just can't believe how gorgeous he is. He looks so perfect. I got a ton of pictures, but this is the best -


This is at 28 weeks. He looks a lot like his sister when she was born! I'm so amazed at how beautiful he is. It's a reminder that, while he is going to be with us for a short time, he will be with us. He's my boy - my son! - and I love him. I've started taking my prenatals again. It's been hard to take them since the diagnosis. I feel like I need to make my body as healthy as possible, so I can bounce right back from delivery and take him in my arms immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment