Thursday, April 18, 2013

MRI vs. Katie, round 2.. FIGHT!

Well, that was uncomfortable.

Yesterday I reached that point in pregnancy where baby has taken up all possible space in my abdomen and is pushing everything else around. This accounts for a number of wonderful and fascinating things to happen to the female body! Including, lack of lung capacity and increased flatulence!

When laying flat on my back, it's hard to breath. He's sinking back into the abdomen and stretching out - my lungs are more constrained than ever. I'm labored walking up a simple set of steps. He's also pushing on my hips, and my nerves leading into my hips. I can't lift my legs without help. I'm like a freaking turtle trying to right itself after getting flipped over. Whine whine whine!

Anyways, add this to being in a tube. And you can't lie on your side. Your hands can't touch. You forgot your lip balm and there's a cold dry wind blowing directly on your face so you can pretend like you're not in a confined space.

Oh, and then they tell you to breath normally. There is no normal anymore. So, I breathed in time to the music. Which, apparently, was pretty fast and shallow. I started getting lightheaded and nauseous about fifteen minutes in. Requested a short break, once I was able to sit up - fine. Absolutely fine.

I had my feet elevated in the MRI. My excess amount of blood was really messing with me. The radiology tech was fantastic - super nice, kind, understanding. I was fine after three minutes, went in, and we started on the "Hold your breath!" portion of the torture.

Yeah. That's pretty hard when you've got a belly measuring 34 weeks. Huge. I totally failed at holding my breath for 28 seconds. But I faked it well enough by gasping for breaths between magnet passes.

Results should be to my Neurologist by today. Then he should call my Perinatologist this afternoon. I don't know when they'll get to me - either today sometime or on Monday. I'm okay with either. Nothing we can really do at this point.

Huge meeting on Monday. We'll be deciding which option is best for our situation (Classical C-section, drain fluid & natural, drain fluid & transverse C-section) and when it'll be in place.

I may or may not have all ready held time in the operating room for May 1st. :) I'm really hoping we can drain his fluid and do a transverse C-section, I feel like it's the easiest course to take for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment