Monday, July 8, 2013

Some Days

Some days I think I'm just perfect.

Some days I know I'm falling apart.

And then there's the in-between - the days that I'm right as rain, until I am not. I was folding laundry. My iPhone was playing my songs on random. 'Held' by Natalie Grant came on. I lost it. I'm standing there with a camisole clutched in my hands, staring out the window as dry sobs rack through my chest. I'm very aware that I'm wearing eye makeup, and I try to stop.

The only way I can stop is to write this down. Is that insane? Once it's to form, it can be analyzed -- it doesn't live in my head anymore.

Amelia's birthday is one month away -- from yesterday. She'll be turning two. I'm going to concentrate on that.

I go back to work tomorrow. Phew. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment