Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lessons

I'm lying here in bed, worrying about how long my grass is right now.

Seriously. It can wait until tomorrow. The last few days with my girl have been wonderful.

Today is a gift. Embrace it, enjoy it all you can. Make as many happy memories as you possibly can. Feel joy, and spread joy.

I feel like I'm learning these life lessons more and more now that I realize how fragile life is - how so much can change in an instant. I'm doing my best to dedicate my life to making sure Amelia's beginning is good. That she is good.

We were at a lovely wedding tonight. There were speeches read by the bride and groom's siblings.

Each speech was expressing thanksgivings for having a brother/sister along for the ride. For having a best friend and guinea pig.

Yeah, I kind of melted. I cried. The newly married the couple are wonderful people who will be very happy, that I have known for a very long time. It was beautiful.

But I still felt such sadness that Amelia wouldn't get that. And fear, too.

Anyways, it's much to late and surprisingly difficult to organically blog on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment