Monday, August 12, 2013

Birthday!

Amelia's birthday party went wonderfully.

Of course, I waited until the last minute to do everything. Not because I'm a procrastinator - I'll tell you about that tomorrow - but because I have a toddler and on weekends I'm basically a single mom. When the hubs works two jobs - one Monday-Friday, and the second job Friday and Saturday night - well, it's pretty important to me that he sleeps as much as possible on Saturday afternoon.

Thankfully he was off on Friday afternoon - he got a nap in before working Friday night, so I didn't feel too horribly guilty waking him up to help me clean/prepare the party at 9am. I went to pick up the cake and balloons at 10, and was back by 11.. but didn't have a chance to make the food. So the first hour of the party I was jetting about in my kitchen. Banana roll ups - who knew how easy they'd be?! Banana, tortilla shell, PB and jelly/honey -- or with just Nutella. But they still take time, of course.
She loves balloons!


Sunday - Jason took me to Pride and Prejudice. Lovely. Absolutely lovely. It felt very abridged, though. And they scaled the characters back like they did in the most recent movie.. for instance, Bingley's sisters and brother-in-law were combined into one Miss Caroline Bingley. And Elizabeth's aunt and uncle were scaled back to just her aunt.

I felt like it was adapted from the movie, rather than the novel. Oh well.

I find myself brooding a lot these days. I'll be honest - I've been really forgetful in the Zoloft department. I'm not off-my-meds crazy (considering my medication level is a minimum therapeutic dose - 25mg rather than the 50mg that's generally prescribed first) -- but I wonder if it's messing with me. When people are casually rude, or just generally heartless towards me.. I want to say, "Do you know what I've BEEN through?!"

But I don't - because that would be using my son for myself. No. It's just not right.  I'm not going to 'milk' my situation. I smile in the face of blatant rudeness (ahem, people - be nice to the receptionist!) - and move on.

Speaking of smiling in the face of rudeness.. I was convinced to call the people who want to interview me back. But because I didn't call back immediately (Wednesday night, missed call -- Thursday, new baby, wasn't able) - the HR woman was incredibly rude. I was on the fence earlier about even looking into this - and now I'm determined to stay where I'm at. I love my job - and I think that little Miss Scarlett's birth may have neutralized the negative feelings that I had for the hospital. I finally feel at ease in my skin, again. I'm starting to relax again. I feel like I can really do good where I'm at - and I can use my job to further launch my career once I'm done with school.
Miss Scarlett!


I love my son. I rejoice in the time we had with him. I'm still sad, but I'm becoming a master at letting it go.

Let. 

It. 

Go. 


1 comment:

  1. :) Yea Katie!
    I believe that I have heard that if you don't take your anti-depressants regularly then they can make you feel 'off' :)

    ReplyDelete