Thursday, March 7, 2013

Carrying to Term

I just read an article about an illegal abortion clinic operating out of Pennsylvania. Basically, a house of horrors. It made me sick. Ed Gein would have been sick.

I'm going to say this right now - I'm pro-choice. I've always been. I don't believe you should sanction things that are such a personal decision, and each circumstance is too unique to have a law confining it.

But, for myself, I can't do that. I just can't. My son is alive inside of me - kicking, turning, pushing on my bladder at the most inconvenient times - and I love him. My responsibility is to do the best I can for him. To take care of him, love him, and ease his passing when that comes along.

The selfish part of me wants him with us for as long as possible. But the other selfish part of me wants it all to go quickly. I just want him to be.. happy? At peace? My little angel? I just want him to have a happy and full life. And we're going to do as much as we possibly can to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment