Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Accountability

I made a career change last year, after realizing that the environment I was in was not suited for my personal growth.

I'm in Real Estate now. It's pretty awesome. I'm not functioning as an agent (although I am licensed!) - I am the Director of Operations for a company in Minneapolis.

I love it here. Not only for the fact that we get the opportunity to help people with their biggest transaction yet - that's an AMAZING feeling and I am so grateful for it! - but because I've never been a part of a community that is superbly hyper-focused on personal growth.

These people are stunning, ya'll. They're constantly working to be their best selves. We have an entire library dedicated to Ways To Be Awesome. There's John Maxwell, Brene Brown, Elon Musk, Tim Ferriss, Daniel Pink.. all of these amazing authors, each with insights that are taken to make ourselves the next-level person we want to be.

It's not a cult. It's just cool.

I'm currently reading Atomic Habits, and it's life-changing. I'm applying small changes in my everyday life to get me to who I want to be (namely, an organized working mother with a house in order -- not chaos).


No comments:

Post a Comment