Thursday, February 27, 2014

Holding the Memory

I'm feeling very driven today.

Now that I'm in a different work environment, I feel like I'm healing more. I'm absolutely crying less - significantly less in the last four weeks. But I'm still nervous about our year anniversary. I don't want to lose it. I want to keep my son's memory in a happy corner of my heart. I don't want the sharp sting of tears to mar the beautiful day that we were lucky enough to meet him.

I want to celebrate that day; I'm yearning to celebrate his memory.

Now. As to how - it's a Wednesday. May 21st. I'm almost thinking a benefit, or a fundraiser - something to financially benefit the organizations who helped us so dearly. Without Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, I would NEVER have these gorgeous photos of my son. I wouldn't have thought to take any. And Faith's Lodge.. goodness. I can't begin to explain how much we started to heal there.

I just don't know how to organize anything like a benefit. What would we even do? I'm overextended as it is; do I dare take on more? I feel like I can. All I need is a good binder. I'm nervous about asking for donations; asking for help. I'm not one to ask a lot. I pride myself on being self sufficient - much like my toddler, I can "do it myself!"

I want to do this - but I don't even know where to start. Any ideas? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment