Monday, January 27, 2014

52 Weeks Later..

52 weeks ago we found out Henry had HPE. One year. I'm trying my hardest to keep my mind distracted, keep me from reliving my feelings from last year. I definitely don't want to relive my amnio.

And now this is my last week at my clinic. I've accepted a position at my alma mater. I'll be assisting the nursing program faculty in their day-to-day operations. It's a really exciting opportunity - and terrifying.

I'm so pumped to start again. To be in a completely neutral environment. I'm also terrified to be separated from my work-family -- these ladies are amazing!

But, I have to do what's best for me. And my mental health.

But.. seriously? I'm so excited. The position I'll be in is more towards my career. I'll have more responsibility, better hours, and I'll get to work with some seriously great people.

Not to mention, it's closer to home, my gym, and my family.

Optimism wins again!

This is my affirmation for the day. Saltwater, by Finn Butler.



No comments:

Post a Comment